Sunday, January 13, 2008

Money Goal for the Summer of 2008

I have a problem. My situation is this: I have to make an extra $120 a week this upcoming summer of 2008. That's approximately $17 a day, $480 a month, or $1,200 over the course of my whole summer. My parents have given me two options for accomplishing this:

  • Take a part time job at my mother's work doing odd jobs (work that will limit me to doing things by their rules and not my own) in a factory where every kid would love to spend his summer hearing the sweet sound of different metals clashing together, breathing in that summer-like, factory-fresh air. Doesn't that just make you want to cry? It does me. :*(
  • Second option, find a job of my choice.
Normally, I'm not a lazy person. I have a HUGE list of student activities and community involvement things that I'm apart of. This will definitely look good on a college resume someday. All of this work gets tiring, which is one reason why I like to look forward to relaxing on my summer. I'm always going during the in-school season, and I just like to slow down a bit in the summer. Even in kindergarten, I could grasp this idea of summer. I would look forward to going over to my cousin's house to sleep over and play "T" rated video games (which I wasn't capable of owning until my uncle gave me $50 to purchase my first gaming system, a used N64.) Right now though, I need money for college which coming up soon, and this is why my parents are making me get a job. They're always looking for what will be in my best interest for my future.

The bottom line is this; I need to find a way to make money and find it fast. My only problem is that I don't want to do this by having an actual job with a boss and everything. I already have one of those working six hours a day two days a week, but for some reason, it's not enough to my parents. Go figure. I'm 16 for gosh sakes!

After taking all of this in and searching on the internet for a couple of days, I think I've found my gateway to the money I'm searching for, and it's not either of the two options that I've been so graciously given. Wonder how my parents will react to what I've done this time. :o

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO I JUST LEFT THE FIRST COMMENT!!! blake after reading the blog i realize you have wayyyy too much time on your hands lol. but oh well whatever floats your boat...